99. Mindfulness and Growth Mindset with Teacher Jenelle Gagné
Are you thinking about starting a mindfulness practice in your classroom but you’re not sure how to fit it into your day? We’ve invited Jenelle Gagné, grade 4/5 teacher and mom of 2 onto the show to talk about how she teaches mindfulness using Educalme Classroom, what the routine looks like and how she finds the time to integrate social-emotional learning by linking Educalme Classroom lessons to her language and health units. She also shares a great activity that she created to go with the Educalme Classroom Growth Mindset units.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to get your students ready to learn with a daily Educalme Classroom practice.
- How to use the Educalme Classroom audios and printables.
- How to create a strong sense of community and connection in your classroom.
- How to teach growth mindset.
- How Educalme Classroom supports both student and teacher productivity, giving you more time in the classroom for teaching and learning and more time at home with your family.
- How an Educalme Classroom practice supports your wellbeing in the classroom and in your personal life.
- The ripple effect Educalme Classroom has in students’ lives, how they share it with their families.
- How to get over the initial worries you might have when starting Educalme Classroom.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Subscribe to the Balanced Educator Podcast so you don’t miss our upcoming episodes: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play – Paragraph
Get our free classroom mindfulness resource:
Share this post on Pinterest so other educators can learn how to use Educalme Classroom to support social-emotional learning and mindfulness in their classrooms.
A special thanks to our sponsor:
Let us know in the comments why you want to share mindfulness with your students.