99. Mindfulness and Growth Mindset with Teacher Jenelle Gagné
Are you thinking about starting a mindfulness practice in your classroom but you’re not sure how to fit it into your day? We’ve invited Jenelle Gagné, grade 4/5 teacher and mom of 2 onto the show to talk about how she teaches mindfulness using Educalme, what the routine looks like and how she finds the time to integrate social-emotional learning by linking Educalme Classroom lessons to her language and health units. She also shares a great activity that she created to go with the Educalme Classroom Growth Mindset units.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to get your students ready to learn with a daily Educalme practice.
- How to use the Educalme audios and printables.
- How to create a strong sense of community and connection in your classroom.
- How to teach growth mindset.
- How Educalme supports both student and teacher productivity, giving you more time in the classroom for teaching and learning and more time at home with your family.
- How an Educalme practice supports your wellbeing in the classroom and in your personal life.
- The ripple effect Educalme has in students’ lives, how they share it with their families.
- How to get over the initial worries you might have when starting Educalme.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Subscribe to the Balanced Educator Podcast so you don’t miss our upcoming episodes: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
Get our free classroom mindfulness resource:
Share this post on Pinterest so other educators can learn how to use Educalme to support social-emotional learning and mindfulness in their classrooms.
A special thanks to our sponsor:
Let us know in the comments why you want to share mindfulness with your students.