122. The Zero-Waste Classroom with Heidi Rose
With so much talk about the climate crisis, you might be wondering what you can do in your personal life and in your classroom to care for the environment.
We’ve invited Heidi Rose from zerowasteclassroom.org to teach us about the zero-waste movement and how we can make changes at home and in our classrooms to reduce the amount of trash we send to the landfill.
- What zero-waste means and what mindsets can set you up for success.
- How to reduce the guilt you might feel for “not being perfect” at zero-waste living.
- Tips for reducing waste in your home.
- Tips for reducing waste in your classroom.
- How to teach your students about zero-waste living and why it’s important for the environment in an age-appropriate way.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Subscribe to The Balanced Educator Podcast so you don’t miss our upcoming episodes: iTunes | Spotify | Google Play
Share this post on Pinterest so other educators can learn about how to get started with their zero-waste classroom journey!