151. What Teachers Need to Know About Adolescent Substance Abuse with Richard Capriola
What do teachers need to know about adolescent substance abuse today?
In this episode of The Balanced Educator Podcast, we’ve invited Richard Capriola, a mental health and addictions counselor and the author of The Addicted Child: A Parent’s Guide to Adolescent Substance Abuse, to share his expertise on adolescent mental health and substance abuse.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- which drugs teens are using,
- the warning signs of substance abuse that educators should be familiar with,
- how drugs work in the teen brain,
- how the pandemic has impacted teen mental health and compulsive behaviors,
- and how teachers and schools can reach teens in a meaningful way that can impact a child’s decision to not use illicit drugs and alcohol.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Subscribe to The Balanced Educator Podcast so you don’t miss our upcoming episodes: iTunes | Spotify | Stitcher | YouTube
Share this post on Pinterest so other educators can learn about this topic too!