TBE #052: 5 Things you can do when you’re Feeling Anxious
Today on the Balanced Educator Podcast, we’re sharing 5 simple and quick things you can do when you’re feeling anxious to help you get back to feeling calm.
The strategies that we explain are :
- Belly breathing – Place both hands on your belly and feel it fill up like a balloon as you inhale and empty out when you exhale.
- Essential oils – Keep some calming essential oils in your desk, like cedarwood or lavender and in moments of stress, place a drop in your hands, rub them together and take in the smell.
- Legs up the wall – Lie on the floor close to a wall and bring your legs up onto the wall. This pose really helps with relaxation and calming the body.
- Affirmations – Practice saying an affirmation in your mind over and over again to help you feel less stressed and anxious, like “I am calm and balanced”.
- Think of something for which you’re grateful to help you focus on the positive in your life.
To find out the info and to register for our in-person workshop on April 25th, 2019 in Winnipeg: Educalme Classroom – Professional Development Workshop
Access Educalme’s free resources when you enroll in the following course: The Balanced Educator Free Resources
To subscribe to our mailing list: Receive Happy Mindset Monday emails!
Check out our online mindfulness curriculum for the classroom: Educalme Classroom